My admin pages are whiteIf you see a complete blank page or get an error similar to this...
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) in /home/website/public_html/sitename/...
... then, your site may be out of memory. We call it the white screen of death.
Your server is essentially telling you that you passed the limit of RAM allocated to your site. This is not MailPoet's fault per say, but a combination of plugins. Rest assured, MailPoet is a rather slim user of memory.
How to diagnose
In your MailPoet Settings > Advanced tab, put the debug mode dropdown to "+Safe PHP errors".
After this, visit your potentially blank page to see if it display a " Allowed memory size of..." error.
- Deactivate unused plugins
- Install this plugin "Change Memory Limit", to have control over your memory size:
- "Plugins" > "Add" (button at the top)
- Unzip and upload the folder in your site's plugins directory: /wp-content/plugins. Don't forget to activate it!
- Then access the new menu "Settings" > "Memory Limit"
- There you should see a Field with your current Memory Limit, change that to 128M
- And hit "Update"!
If this doesn't work, read your host's documentation or contact them directly to extend the memory limit.
All pages in my admin are white!
In this case, you need to disable MailPoet manually with your FTP client.
You can delete MailPoet's folder in /plugins folder or rename it, like it's shown in this video we found online:
Or step by step instructions we also found online.