Common problems with the newsletter editor
Your newsletter or form editor can have the following issues:
- Unable to drag and drop
- The toolbar's tabs (Content, Images, Styles & Themes) aren't showing
- Strange behaviour with the popups
This is usually due to a conflict with your theme, or another plugin.
4 steps to diagnose a conflict with our plugin
- Try with another browser
- Try with a standard WordPress theme (like twentyfifteen or twentysixteen)
- Disable all other plugins one-by-one until the editor works
- If you identify the culprit, contact the authors of the plugin or theme
Tips to detect conflicts
In many case simply activating the debug mode will give you (at the bottom of MailPoet's backend interfaces) a list of potential conflicting scripts from plugin or themes.
You can deactivate the owners of those scripts in priority.
Will MailPoet fix your conflict?
In most cases, no.
For an old and unmaintained plugin, we might suggest you alternative plugins.
For themes, we can try to fix them, but we can't guarantee we will.
How plugin and theme developers can avoid conflicts
In short, never hook directly to admin_head to include your scripts. Instead, create your own custom hook: myplugin_admin_head.