Why You Shouldn't Send with Your Host
- MailPoet and third party senders specialize in delivering emails
- Hosts have a bad reputation as senders because they send 80% the world's spam
- Hosts are often blacklisted with spam filters, including known hosts such as HostGator or Blue Host.
- MailPoet and third parties can increase your deliverability (open rates)
- Your newsletters will avoid being labeled "spam" or simply being blocked completely (very common)
- You can avoid the headache of setting up your own in-house mail server
- Your host's SMTP account is designed to be used for your email addresses and not necessarily for sending newsletters
- Hosts impose sending limits.
We know it's free to send with your host, but it's at your own risk!
But I'm on a Dedicated Server!
Only on this very specific condition we recommend using your own website ( "Your own website" option), rather than using an SMTP connection.
However, you will still need to make sure that the IP address of your server is not blacklisted. Test your spam score first to find out!
At the end of the day, we will always recommend using a dedicated email service provider over your own website.