How to completely uninstall MailPoet
This article refers to MailPoet 2
If you're looking for MailPoet 3 articles, please go to MailPoet 3 Knowledge Base
Deactivating and deleting the plugin through WordPress's Plugins page will not delete the database tables (and other Settings) created by MailPoet.
Why? It's a safeguard. It would be quite catastrophic if someone accidentally deletes all your data by simply deactivating and deleting your plugin.
Warning: If you follow the method described below, it will completely remove your MailPoet data from your site (newsletters, subscribers emails and settings). Only use it if you want to get rid of us and clean every single trace of MailPoet in your database.
Instructions to completely uninstall MailPoet
- Download this plugin to your computer: MailPoet uninstall
- Upload this plugin to your WordPress site by FTP or via the admin: Plugins > Add > Upload
- Activate the plugin. This will delete all the options and the database tables instantly
- Deactivate and then delete both the MailPoet plugin and the MailPoet (Wysija) Uninstall plugin
- Delete the folder wp-content/uploads/wysija with your FTP client