Guide to sending from a GoDaddy website
There are only 2 ways to send from MailPoet if your site is hosted on GoDaddy.
1. Send with a third party SMTP (highly recommended)
We highly recommend GoDaddy shared hosting customers to send with a third party email provider. Why? GoDaddy's shared servers are blacklisted, and your newsletters might never reach the inbox.
Moreover, GoDaddy blocks all SMTP ports except their own. To circumvent this, MailPoet has enabled API for both SendGrid and Elastic Email.
2. Send with GoDaddy's server (not recommended)
GoDaddy's shared servers are mostly blacklisted, which means your emails might never reach the inbox!
A. Change your sending frequency to 90 emails / 15 minutes in your MailPoet Settings > Send With tab
B. Your FROM and REPLY-TO email addresses have to be from your domain, and not Yahoo or Gmail, for example.
You can change these in both your MailPoet Settings and in the Step 3 of your newsletter.
C. Select one of these 2 sending methods:
- "Your own website"
- Pick "SMTP" as the sending method with these settings:
- Server : relay-hosting.secureserver.net
- SMTP port: leave empty
- Secure connection: leave empty
- Port : 25
- Secure method : No
- Authentication : No
- Sending from Gmail won't work.